- 700mm Cover – quick installation and easy handling.
- Easy Fixing – conventional through fixed screws maximise performance and installation.
- Hi-Tensile Steel – light weight and high strength with improved damage resistance.
- Spring Curving – new data for curved roofs.
- Design Flexibility – long lengths and anti-capillary side laps enable Longspan/Spandek cladding to be used effectively on applications from vertical wall cladding and fascias to roofs with pitch as low as 1.5°.
- Fully Tested – a full range of load performance tables to suit most applications.
- Extended Spans – strength and rigidity of the profile allows economical construction.
The striking linearity, strength, wide cover, light weight and weather resistance of Longspan/Spandek® cladding make it perfect for many commercial roofing and walling applications. Its excellent strength and ease of assembly allow for long, economical spans.The good water-carrying capacity and weather-tightness permit very low roof pitches, leading to economies in the building structure.
Longspan/Spandek cladding is also used for domestic applications, where a strong but uniform appearance is desired.
Longspan/Spandek cladding is manufactured from hi-tensile G550 colour coated steel or alloy coated steel. In some locations galvanised and severe environment colour coated steel may be available by arrangement. Colour coated steels are in accordance with AS2728 – Category 3 and, for the substrate, with AS1397. Zinc-aluminium alloy coated AZ150 and galvanised Z450 conform to AS1397.
All building products need to be checked for compatibility with adjacent materials. These checks need to be for both direct contact between materials, and where water runs from one material to another. The following guidelines generally avoid material incompatibility:
For zinc-aluminium alloy coated steel, colour coated steel and galvanised steel roofs avoid copper, lead, green or treated timber, stainless steel and mortar or concrete.
In addition galvanised steel roofs should not receive drainage from aluminium or any inert materials, such as plastics, glass, glazed tiles, colour coated and zinc-aluminium alloy.