- Hi-tensile Steel – lightweight with high strength.
- Economical – unique combination of features provides a lower installed cost.
- Less Fasteners – reduces cost of screws and installation.
- 800mm Cover – quick and easy installation.
- Spaced Ribs – greater water carrying capacity providing longer runs.
- 2″ Minimum Pitch – reduces support structure.
- Spring Curving – ideal for curved roofs.
- Less Work – fewer turn-ups and downs, less flashing, notching and fewer fasteners to install.
The wide cover, light weight and weather resistance of Stramit Megaclad® cladding make it perfect for many industrial, commercial and rural roofing and walling applications. Its optimized rib spacing and ease of assembly allow for economical and practical spans. The large water-carrying capacity and weather-tightness permit very low roof pitches, leading to further economies in the building structure.
Stramit Megaclad® cladding is manufactured from hi-tensile G550 BlueScope Steel COLORBOND® XRW steel or BlueScope Steel ZINCALUME® steel. In some locations galvanised and Colorbond® Ultra steel may be available by arrangement. Colorbond® XRW (and Ultra) is in accordance with AS2728 – Category 3 and, for the substrate, with AS 1397. Zincalume® AZI50 and galvanised Z450 conform to AS1397.
All building products need to be checked for compatibility with adjacent materials. These checks need to be for both direct contact between materials, and where water runs from one material to another. The following guidelines generally avoid material incompatibility:
- For Zincalume, Colorbond XRW and galvanised products avoid copper, lead, green or treated timber, stainless steel and mortar or concrete.
- In addition galvanised products should not receive drainage from aluminium or any inert materials, such as plastics, glass, glazed tiles, Colorbond and Zincalume.